Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Leads technical team across multiple institutions in project management, cybersecurity and guidance on healthcare research initiatives. Develops and oversees standards and processes for the project management process. Recommends, develops and enforces policies and procedures for the department.
About the Department:
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt's virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers. For more information, please visit https://victr.vumc.org/.
IT Project Management
- Provides leadership for IT Project Managers and strategic direction of healthcare research project teams.
- Oversees development, execution and continuation of complex large/multiple healthcare research projects and ensures timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
- Coordinates the activities of teams by becoming familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Oversees identification of appropriate resources and schedules developed by project teams to ensure time completion of project.
- Provides process expertise to customers.
- Serves as team lead between customers and department. Coaches the development of other Project Managers.
Analytic Data Management
- Oversee data organization and analyzation to ensure efficiency, while upholding healthcare data integrity and security standards.
- Track and maintain the performance of databases and security systems.
- Oversee the recovery of data, storage, and maintenance for healthcare research databases.
- Oversee and collaborate with programmers in troubleshooting errors with such systems, and ensuring that databases are secure.
- Recommend new methods for data collection and documentation. Revise SOPs as needed.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of data collection databases.
- Leads technical team offering guidance on delivering IT cyber security solutions.
- Collaborates with Security Analysts to develop security strategy, policy, risk assessment and set standards for applications or networks.
- Manages oversight and alignment of IT cyber security policy to applications systems and or networks.
- Leads team responsible for security assessments, risk reduction and mitigation strategies.
- Collaborates with business partners and funding entities to identify and assess security concerns, and establishes and implements governance policies and procedures.
- Implements procedural, technical and administrative controls to protect integrity of institutional data.
IT Quality Assurance
- Provides oversight in the testing of systems and associated activities from participation at the design stage through live implementation.
- Defines and implements test automation standards and processes through frameworks and methodologies tests on projects.
- Oversees all phases of the QA Best Practices Process to ensure that all information systems products and services meet institution standards and end-user requirements.
- Provides structure, direction, and support for all project-related QA automation activities.
- Assures quality of testing and test reports.
User Support Operations
- Responsible for assessing needs, developing processes and supporting advanced IT services for the end-users, as the landscape of services and their use constantly evolves.
- Keep up with changes in technology and the uses of technologies of end-users.
- Advocates for the highest ease of use for customers.
- Ensures system design compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Works with developers to create positive user experience.
- Provides oversight for product design specifications, form build and application content configuration for a set of products independently.
- Serves as product expert of set of complex products.
- Responsible for leading team in defining highly complex reports and queries.
- Oversees highly complex break/fix workflow issues.
Skills & Experience
- Cybersecurity experience required
- Moderate FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002) experience required
- IT Project management experience with the ability to manage a timeline required
- Demonstrated fluent understanding of and ability to write and converse on project management process and software development lifecycle using technical terminology required
- Demonstrated logical and analytical skills required
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in cause & effect and anticipating needs required
- Demonstrated organizational skills required
- Biomedical industry experience preferred
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or Managing Information Technology preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or Managing Information Technology required
- 5 years relevant experience required
Our professional administrative functions include critical supporting roles in information technology and informatics, finance, administration, legal and community affairs, human resources, communications and marketing, development, facilities, and many more.
At our growing health system, we support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
* Organizational Impact: Directs activities to achieve operational plans with some near term effect on results of the department/area.* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Identifies issues, gathers facts to resolve technical and operational problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies in-depth knowledge and skills of a professional/technical area and basic management knowledge to manage the work of the team.* Team Interaction: Leads a complex department with a focus on implementation. Typically executes on a short to medium term strategies.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences .Delivering Excellent Services : - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Relevant Work Experience
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.