Iowa City, Iowa
Clinton, New York
Durham, North Carolina
San Bernardino, California
- Bachelors degree in information technology systems, or related field and a professional certification (CPA, CIA, CFE, CRMA, CISA, etc.)
- Extensive experience in auditing (8+ years)
- Management experience (3+ years)
- Proficient with auditing, internal controls, business and operations processes, finance and risk identification and management
- Experience in contributing to and supporting governing boards and in working with committees or subgroups on matters of risk, internal controls, process improvement, internal audit, governance, or compliance
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and develop audit programs and procedures without established guidance
- Proven ability to critically assess, drive action, and deliver meaningful results as an individual contributor in a fast-paced environment
- High level of technical and analytical capabilities, skilled at decision-making under uncertainty, combined with a commonsense approach
- Ability to work optimally and collaboratively in a small, collegial, cross-functional team environment
- Ability to present views effectively, persuasively, and with appropriate conviction to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Leadership courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response and communicate appropriately and in a timely manner with all stakeholders Strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Advanced experience in analyzing data and project management across a broad range of topics and scope of responsibility Advanced oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to present and explain complex information and suggest process improvements to diverse audiences, including senior leadership and the Audit Committee/Board of Directors
- Relevant Masters degree
- Business and accounting experience in a for-profit higher education organization
- Experience navigating/auditing SAP systems
- Experience implementing Data Analytics into audit processes Benefits/Other Information
Boston University's generous benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, and paid time off! Full-time employees are also eligible for tuition remission for courses at Boston University. Note: the remission benefit extends to dependents as well. For more details on benefits, please refer to the Boston University benefits page at https://www.bu.edu/hr/employee-resources/benefits/.
The department of Financial Affairs at Boston University values intellectual, cultural, and social diversity among its staff and students. We remain steadfast in our dedication to building a team that is inclusive and equitable and a place where all constituents can thrive.
For all positions, we are looking for individuals who enjoy working with colleagues in a collaborative environment and who are flexible and creative. We strongly encourage applications from women and under-represented groups who share our interest in serving a university community with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, and abilities.
Interested applicants are asked to upload a resume, list of references (if available), and submit a cover letter addressed to 'Hiring Manager Assistant Director, IT Audit and Data Analytics, position #2556'. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.