CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
To work with manager on the P&L related aspects of activities in the CFO’s office. Specifically, perform independent analysis, review and monitoring of financial and accounting data, formulate comprehensive reports and briefs, make recommendations, presentations, and oversee follow on actions.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Perform independent reviews and oversight, establish methods and analytical structure, provide team leadership and/or represent significant analytical perspectives.
2. Perform complex analysis on various finance subjects for all levels of management.
3. Analyze and validate multiple sourced accounting and financial data, formulate comprehensive reports, provide periodic financial reporting, and targeted management briefs; assist in training co-workers and other CNA employees on various financial concepts and systems.
4. Track and interpret financial performance and trends –develop projections, provide overhead rate analysis and individual project cost impacts.
5. Coordinate development of the corporate budget and/or other activities with broad impact, high visibility, or that is related to sensitive issues, as needed.
6. Analyze methods and make recommendations for increasing visibility and effective use of cost structure, and key metrics.
7. Work with financial systems group to maximize and standardize financial outputs in a broad range of reports.
8. Able to address unstructured queries, and quick turnaround requirements with high degree of accuracy.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
2. Experience: Must have a minimum of 8 years related experience, with at least 5 years of progressive experience in finance. Experience working in a government contracting environment is also strongly preferred.
3. Skills: Must have extensive federal contracting and government contract accounting knowledge, including indirect cost rate structures, indirect rate submissions, and budgeting. Must have experience with corporate financial systems, Excel and other software systems. Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of corporate budgeting systems is a plus.
4. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
5. Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document*** Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.