When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Attending Physician VI as part of the Ambulatory and Community Health Network (ACHN) have community health as their primary care setting. The incumbent is knowledgeable and concerned about the health of the populations served by their health center. Committed to providing holistic health services to the communities they serve, as members of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
* Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) degree or foreign medical school equivalent
* Illinois physician and surgeon license or eligibility to obtain license two (2) weeks prior to hire date
* Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or eligibility to obtain license two (2) weeks prior to hire date
* Board certified in Family Medicine. Must achieve board certification within two (2) years of hire.
* English language proficient; certain clinic locations may specify bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish, English/Chinese, English/Polish, etc.)
* Completion of a residency program in Family Medicine
* One (1) year of prior experience in primary care practice, preferred
* One (1) year of experience providing medical care to underserved populations, preferred
* One (1) year of experience with electronic medical record documentation, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Demonstrated attitudes, knowledge, and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with patients and staff in a culturally diverse work environment
* Knowledge of quality assurance principles and guidelines
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
* Strong interpersonal and empathy skills
* Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills
* Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision in decision making
* Knowledge of ACGME requirements; ability to precept residents and teach health care professional students
* Knowledge of collaborative/supervisory agreement requirements for advanced practice providers
* Ability to work varying hours as determined by changing clinic, and CCHHS needs
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
* Ability adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
* Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
* Ability to train by presenting concepts and demonstrating tasks
* Ability to see and hear clearly (including with correction)
* Demonstrate superb hand washing and sanitizing practices
* Demonstrate the ability to follow department specific engineering, work practice controls and work area safety precautions
* Must follow CCHHS protocol when exposed to noise, chemicals, disease, blood borne pathogens, patient violence and procedural injuries
* Knowledge of and ability to comply with clinical documentation requirements
* Knowledge of and ability to comply with accreditation and regulatory agency requirements
Individual must be capable of travel to ACHN, CCHHS affiliates and community partner sites. Individual is responsible for own transportation between sites during the workday as needed, which typically requires un-reimbursed use of own care.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Basic Term Life Insurance
Deferred Compensation Program
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment orhiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER