Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
“This opportunity is for Military personnel who are current participants of Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program Cohort 2-2021.”
You will be a member of the Investment Recovery Team responsible for directing daily operational asset disposal requests across Network, GRE, IT and a variety of other customers across Verizon. Assets will be reviewed for internal re-use, resale and finally recycling/disposal. You will be responsible for planning the flow of returned equipment via internal/external tools, databases, and emails. You will ensure that the equipment generates the most revenue and margin and have the least environmental impact while maintaining corporate, environmental, legal and regulatory compliance. You will be managing multiple vendors ensuring they meet or exceed our Supplier Risk, EH&S, Insurance and Data Security requirements. You will partner with Sourcing to perform regular RFP’s for new programs and ensure the best cost as well as world class services.
You will seek out process improvements and best practices that can be leveraged to drive efficiency across Verizon. You will build collaborative relationships by providing partnership and communication, both verbally and in writing, with partners, customers and internal teams to further strategic initiatives. You will be identifying areas for process improvements, enhanced operational efficiencies and establishing plans for implementation. All while aligning processes with centralized, strategic direction. You’ll also drive optimization-related projects involving cross-functional teams within the reverse logistics organization. You’ll demonstrate strong leadership, success in driving cross-functional process improvement, and enable tangible benefits to the business. Serving as a catalyst for driving continuous improvement while leading day-to-day operations is also important to success. You will partner with Network, IT, Fleet, Sourcing, EH&S, Sustainability, SRO, Legal, Data Security, Logistics, Planning, Finance, as well as a variety of stakeholder groups across other organizations.
• Training, guiding and supporting downstream teams and others as needed.
• Performing audits in compliance with our programs.
• Track vendor performance and drive compliance.
• Perform Quarterly Business reviews with vendors.
• Identifying operational inefficiencies and developing solutions.
• Support all sustainability and social responsibility initiatives that impact Investment Recovery.
• Support all CPI 810 policies and standards.
• Utilizing company assets in lieu of buying new equipment in order to achieve cost avoidance objectives.
• Resolving problems while developing and implementing process improvements.
• Tracking delivery service levels, and delivering expectations set forth by internal customers and partners.
• Develop programs and projects that prime source reduction, reuse and recycling while defining key success metrics.
• Coordinate with teams across Verizon to ensure we are building a better future for how material is handled after its first use.
• Creating programs to reduce the impacts of materials and products throughout distribution, consumption and use, and management at end-of-life.
• Perform end-of-life analysis by taking a look at the entire lifecycle of the project, identify opportunities for both sustainable development and potential alternate pathways.
• Work with internal teams to identify potential reuse opportunities for all decommissioned equipment to ensure maximum asset utilization prior to retiring to include trade in programs with OEM's. .
• Influence cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of transformative programs.
• Lead communication and change management activities associated with new programs.
• Work with owners on all assets being decommissioned to ensure a full understanding of appropriate procedures relevant for the planned final disposition of the asset.
• Create an industry roadmaps for take-back and collection through Consultation with key stakeholders.
• Establish consistency across how collaborative solutions are deployed, identified, evaluated and communicated.
• Automate and simplified processes while driving cost out of the business.
• Provide regular ESG reporting to be shared with investors.
• Manage conflicting priorities, meet strict deadlines, and manage multiple tasks effectively; work independently and as part of a team; collaborate with a diverse group of people; convey complex issues effectively; and function in a complex, busy, changing environment.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
Experience in supply chain operations, technology, or strategy experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
G Suite experience.
Even better if you have:
Sustainable Supply Chain practices.
Environmental Health and Safety experience.
Data Security experience.
Experience with procurement and inventory systems and processes.
Experience in the development and measurements of KPIs.
Proven track record for managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
Strong presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS PowerPoint and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
Strategy, operational processes, and customer experience.
Willingness to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.