The following responsibilities represent work performed under general supervision.
1) Monitor organizational assets and security defenses for cyber security risks.
2) Analyze log data, using a SIEM, performing traffic and data flow analysis to detect cyber attacks.
The following responsibilities represent work performed under response and recovery to security incidents.
3) Deploy,Â manage and run security infrastructure (Ex. Veracode, Bro IDS , Qualys, QRadar SIEM, IBM BigFix and Casper etc).
4) Facilitate lessons learned for security incidents and root cause analysis for operational deficiency with security infrastructure (e.g. system outages etc).
5) Develop security incident response playbook and standard operating procedures.Â
1) Ability to respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness.
2) Ability to weigh business needs against security concern.
3) Ability to conceptualize a course of action and to organize for the successful completion of that action is critical, often under tight deadlines.
4) Ability to present information in a consistent and concise manner.
5) Ability to communicate in a personally effective and socially appropriate manner.
1) Bachelor of Science in a related field such as Computer Science, Information Science or Cybersecurity
Certification of one (1) or more:Â GCIH, GIAC, CISSP, CISA, CISM
Â Â Â
1) Two (2) years of experience in Information Technology with a focus on cyber security.
2) Limited experience of one or more of the following technologies: LockPath, Qualys, QRadar, IBM BigFix and Casper.
3) Limited experience in handling incidents and responding to cyber threats.
4) Limited experience in performing server and application administration.
5) Limited experience with data communication concepts and network/software configuration management.
6) Direct experience providing customer service.Â Â
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06875
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.