provide all advice and counsel on issues related to ERISA, HIPAA, employee benefits, and pension investment management. Also serve as secretary to the various ERISA committees and is the HIPAA privacy officer.
1. Ensure compliance with laws affecting qualified and non-qualified retirement and welfare benefit plans, including drafting/reviewing plan amendments, summary plan descriptions, agreements and employee communications; plan design and policy issues; providing guidance on administrative questions, COBRA requirements, and defending regulatory audits; and assisting with new vendor implementations.
2. Provide day to day advice and counsel to human resources management to assure compliance with applicable law, i.e. ERISA, Internal Revenue Code, the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, state leave laws, etc.
3. Provide legal advice to fiduciaries involving investment management, ERISA's fiduciary responsibility and prohibited transaction rules; and provide legal counsel to the committees responsible for plan assets and plan administration.
4. Provide guidance on design, funding and administration of executive compensation and long-term incentive arrangements, including securities law and tax issues.
5. Provide guidance on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on both policy, design and implementation aspects of retirement and welfare plans and executive compensation arrangements.
6. Defend and/or manage benefits litigation and/or claims and provide training on benefits and related issues.
7. Negotiate agreements with third party providers. Ensure that Philips contracting requirements are met, including privacy and security requirements.
Customer base is the Human Resources Department, in particular, the Senior Director of Rewards; and the various ERISA committees. The incumbent must also work with outside vendors such as plan administrators, actuaries, benefits consultants, and outside counsel
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
J.D. Degree, admission to a state bar and extensive corporate legal and/or law firm experience (minimum of eight years).
Analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, legal drafting, negotiation and legal reasoning skills, and knowledge of ERISA, HIPPA, Affordable Care Act, Internal Revenue Code and Department of Labor regulations required. Extensive experience in counseling senior management on legal ramifications of major policy and planning issues.
Ability to work efficiently with others and coordinate a variety of internal and external activities having legal significance to the Company.
Ability to manage issues and workload independently without or with very minimal supervision. Supervision is generally limited to reporting on current and new projects and their status, rather than review of legal work product.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)