Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 Dec 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity, because we believe that multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
As part of the continued globalisation of our investment platform, we are seeking to hire an Equity Investment Risk Manager in London. This position will sit within the Global Risk and Analytics team, whose primary focus is to lead Wellington Management's portfolio oversight, risk measurement, and security analytics processes across our broad Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset and Hedge fund strategies. This individual will partner with our Equity investors in both London and Asia. He/she will monitor risk levels and exposures across portfolios, and will share insights on overall risk and portfolio construction with a broad range of investment teams. He/she will be expected to establish collaborative working relationships not only with the investment teams, but with a variety of other functional groups at the firm, including Product Management, the Wellington Funds Group, and Information Technology.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Foster a culture of risk awareness by helping Equity Portfolio Managers to use formal quantitative risk techniques to inform their portfolio construction and risk management processes;
* Provide coaching and feedback to Portfolio Managers on the basis of scientific analysis of their trading activity and investment performance;
* Engage with Portfolio Managers regularly, to help them understand their positioning and risks, ensuring that risks match conviction levels;
* Provide the investment teams with market and portfolio risk insights;
* Identify, research, and highlight significant investment trends and major risks across our Equity investment platform;
* Work closely with line management and other risk oversight committees on the evaluation of investment talent;
* Engage with Portfolio Managers to challenge and help them to identify opportunities for improvement with respect to their investment philosophies and processes;
* Represent the Wellington investment risk function, as appropriate, with key clients and consultants. Qualifications
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* A strong academic background (Economics, Accounting, Maths or Finance major preferred);
* 7+ years of relevant professional experience in portfolio analysis, data analysis, risk management, and/or risk systems. At least some of this experience will have been gained within the Asset Management industry;
* Proven ability to partner with Portfolio Managers effectively;
* Deep understanding of portfolio construction, risk analytics, and equity investments;
* Experience with Factset, BARRA, RiskMetrics or other databases and/or data visualization tools;
* The technical ability to manipulate data for decision-making purposes, and a solid understanding of technology including database structures (a working knowledge of Python is preferred);
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
* Willingness to travel to Wellington's offices in Asia (probably twice per year).
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Investment Risk Manager, Equity
JOB FAMILY Investment Risk Services
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .
Internal Number: 6034816
About Wellington Management Company, LLP
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.