JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operation of network security enterprise devices with some guidance. Provides security monitoring, daily security operational tasks and participates in some network security design projects. Troubleshoots and resolves operational and moderately complex network security issues.
Operations of network security enterprise devices.
Operates and implements network security designs.
Performs security monitoring.
Provides network security troubleshooting.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
FIREWALL MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Can use more complex internet features [e.g. ftp, advanced search engines, remote login, faxing, etc.]. Has basic understanding of more complex internet concepts [e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, NNTP, SMTP, POP3]. Has experience working with a firewall product and its main features [e.g. user authentication, centralized management, configuration distribution, graphical management interface]. Has ability to maintain a firewall with limited supervision.
SECURITY MONITORING (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Security Monitoring in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Demonstrates basic proficiency in use of the Company's Security Monitoring software and tools. Demonstrates experience with a wide range of appliances and devices that monitor networks. Has reviewed logs and correlated events during the monitoring process. Experienced in the early identification of wrongdoing or new security vulnerabilities.
NETWORK FORENSICS (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has light experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with Network Forensics.
SECURITY TROUBLESHOOTING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates the ability to identify, locate, isolate, and resolve difficult problems relating to information security and related areas. Able to make use of the major capabilities of the primary diagnostic tools and analyzers available. Capable of finding solutions and answers beyond the area of specialty. Stays with a problem until it is resolved. Escalates unresolved problems in a timely manner. Notifies vendors of problems which may affect others.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.