1. JOB OBJECTIVE: a) To assist in the planning, implementing and providing day-to-day support for the technology infrastructure and application software needed to meet the organization’s business objectives.
b) To assist in the planning, implementing and providing day-to-day support for the MWEC security program, including access control and video security.
c) To plan, coordinate and direct the technological needs, as well as provide support for daily operational activities of MWEC.
d) To work closely with decision makers in IT and other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
e) Performs technical Information Technology (IT) communications infrastructure support.
f) To adhere to all MWEC’s IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
2. Qualifications: Associate’s degree in information systems or other computer-related degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Equivalent technical training and experience will be considered. Additional training in networking, servers, and security systems is desirable.
3. DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: a) Assists in the design of security solutions to meet security, compliance and operational requirements. b) Programs security cameras and video recording equipment to identify and monitor potential security threats and to minimize the number of false positives. c) Designs and supports security operator screens to meet the security, compliance and operational needs of each facility. d) Designs and programs the access control systems to meet the security, compliance and operational needs of each facility. e) Maintains camera settings to ensure effective and reliable utilization of network bandwidth. f) Tests and implements security system firmware and server application patching on all physical security systems. g) Performs backups of physical security equipment and systems and develops recovery plans to respond to the failure of security systems. h) Assists in the development / maturation of physical security procedures. i) Assists in the collection of evidence for security incidents and for compliance with Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC-CIP) Standards. j) Assists in training of physical security monitoring staff on physical security systems and procedures. k) Troubleshoots physical security to identify and correct problems and errors in operation. l) Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation for the IT department. m) Prepare project status reports and keep management, clients and others informed of project status and related issues. n) Interface with industry on information management and information technology matters to explore new ways bringing value to our members. o) Evaluate new technologies for their potential to bring value to our members and staff. p) Negotiate contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products. q) Must be willing to participate in Continuing Education. r) Assist with the Cooperative’s Annual Meeting as directed. s) Performs any other duties assigned in order to fulfill the objective of the Cooperative. 4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: a) Requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of a broad range of computing technologies and proficiency in applying technology solutions to solve business problems. b) Knowledge of various computer operating systems, PCs, servers and related technologies. c) Knowledge of Networks and Network administration, in a multi-layered, multi-facility environment. d) Computer application skills. e) Interpersonal skills. f) Communication skills. g) Ability to clearly document your work. h) Ability to follow step by step directions. i) Ability to problem solve. j) Ability to be a team player. k) Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. l) Ability to work under critical time deadlines and pressures. m) Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical members.
5. BUSINESS AND RELATIONSHIPS: This position exchanges complex/technical information with vendors, members and senior management in the development of requested programs and information services.
Reports to: Information Technology Coordinator
6. POSITION SPECIFICATION/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly paid position. Requires frequent sitting and use of personal computer keyboard.
a) Normal, non-smoking office environment b) Valid driver’s license c) Pass a background check d) Frequent travel in the two county area e) Limited travel in and out of state f) Requires good finger dexterity and ability to perform close work
g) Occasional work outside in the elements
a) Lifting\carrying of approximately 40 pounds b) Twisting, reaching, crawling, squatting and bending c) Ascending\descending a ladder 7. DISCLAIMER: a) This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. b) MWEC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on its duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.