Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Information Security Specialist position. Reporting to the Manager, Network Support Services and serving as the subject matter expert, the Information Security Analyst provides expertise in all areas of cyber security. Primary responsibilities include performing advanced analytics and device manipulation and control in support of network security operations; as well as vulnerability and risk analyses in support of standard cyber security frameworks. The Information Security Analyst is also responsible for daily management and coordination related to network intrusion prevention, monitoring of security controls, reviewing of device and security logs for anomalies, and trends for forensic analysis correlation.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on January 2, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally credited institution of higher learning.
• At least four (4) years of work experience in computer networking and information security required.
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols in cyber security required.
• Previous experience in troubleshooting, maintaining and performing computer related repairs and desktop application support using Microsoft Windows and MS Office suite applications required.
• GIAC, GSEC CISM, CEH, or ECSA certification required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds from floor to desktop height required.
• Demonstrated understanding of network and desktop operating systems required.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous information security experience in a large Microsoft enterprise network environment preferred.
• Previous information security experience within higher education preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.
BACK TO TOP
MORS Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MORS Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MORS Career Center.