NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr I Tech-Technology Mgt & Spt.
In this role, the successful candidate Independent IT professional, providing desktop support duties for the NYU Brooklyn Hospital operating rooms and surgical suites. Applies technical expertise in dedicated support of the NYU Brooklyn Hospital operating room workflow, end user devices and technical infrastructure. This includes running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, within the desktop environment, supporting specialized technology & infrastructure devices and responding promptly and effectively to customer problems. Directly resolves problems or escalates to the appropriate resource. This position performs support duties in and around the operating rooms and surgical suites. Candidate must be comfortable being in proximity to active surgical procedures.
1. Customer Service and Communication: a. Demonstrate an ability to communicate technical terms, MCIT policies, and difficult messages to end users in a service oriented fashion. b. Provide one-on-one instructions/training/guidance to end users and the help desk on use of hardware/software and standard procedures. c. Provide exemplary customer service across all levels of the organization; embrace a never-say-no attitude when addressing customer issues. d. Follow established guidelines and standards to communicate consistent messages aligned with other members of MCIT.
2. Technical Skills (End User Device administration/configuration/support/ troubleshooting, Use of tools and utilities): a. First-line support of PC users within administrative, operative area, and back-office space located throughout the operating room areas. b. Verify daily that PACS, ORBIT and Epic workstations are functioning properly prior to start of procedures. c. Critically analyze system failures and quickly determine remedies so as to provide for smooth workflow for daily staff activities. d. Perform morning checkpoint rounds to ensure all equipment operational for daily scheduled procedures. e. Ensure that electronic and physical security policies for computers, data, and IT infrastructure are adhered to. f. Responsible for the implementation, installation, maintenance and support of End User Infrastructure Support equipment, software and connectivity for PDA's, PCs - Macintosh, PC/Workstation, printers, LAN, AV, Video conferencing, telephone. g. Responsible to solve typical software and hardware problems and malfunctions on these systems. h. Act as a technical resource to clients in making hardware and software acquisition recommendations. i. Perform pro-active diagnostic checks on desktop computers to maintain machine capabilities and freedom from viruses.
3. Administrative Tasks & Record Keeping (Journal Notes, Innotas Entries, etc.): a. Responsible to assist with creation and maintenance of written documentation on problem solutions, tool configurations and end user documentation. b. Monitor the assigned desktop queue(s) in the Front Range ticket system. Log real time written journal entries documenting actions taken on all ticket requests. Close tickets within established service levels. c. Be compliant with all responsibilities and administrative tasks: Innotas, timely journal entries, use of standard email templates, etc.
4. Project Participation: a. Assist and participate in implementing and planning small projects or projects that are specific to the tech's assigned department. b. Involved in the installation, rollout, and/or upgrade of new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc. c. Participates in testing and evaluating new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc. and implements prototypes.
5. ITSM Metrics a. Responsible to resolve specified number of tickets per day. b. Responsible to resolve percentage of monthly tickets using remote support tools. c. Responsible to resolve percentage of monthly tickets at desktop site using mobile tools and devices. d. Responsible for publishing ticket updates to self-service interface in order to keep end-users apprised of the status of their request. e. Using established technology, technician is responsible for notifying all users of ticket ownership and contact information. f. Responsible to close tickets in a timely manner while striving to reduce the mean time to resolve each issue
Minimum Qualifications: To qualify you must have a Work experience in healthcare and/or education or equivalent experience in complex organizations. Requires an in-depth knowledge of personal computing, MAC and Windows PC/Workstation based LAN systems, TCP/IP protocols, personal computing, End User Infrastructure Support management tools, client functions and applications. Active directory, Domains, PDA support, application troubleshooting, etc.) Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management, staff and vendors. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to understand the business and technical needs of the client as well as foster customer relationship building and deliver outstanding customer service. Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users; ability to work effectively with customers. Candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, support multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize work to meet and or exceed established service levels and be dependable. Strong time management, technical and analytical skills required. Ability to think logically and creatively in problem solving. Contributes individually with minimal supervision and as part of a team. Working conditions/physical demands of bending and lifting weights up to 40 pounds. Ability to work effectively with customers and other IT team members. Required to work nights and weekends (shift dependent) and stay late as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications: None
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Please See Above
Internal Number: 65256777
About NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. Included in the 200+ locations throughout the New York area are five inpatient locations: Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute-care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country; NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital with all musculoskeletal specialties ranked top 10 in the country; Hassenfeld Children's Hospital at NYU Langone, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services; and NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn, a full-service teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.