The Global Account Manager (GAM) serves as the key point of contact for the clients and provides strategic direction and leadership for multiple accounts. The GAM manages the global security services and related operations, including client service, problem resolution, service enhancement, and account development. The GAM will be responsible for operations of Global sites, physical security and logical security technologies, financial governance, client budgets, contract management, industry-recommended practices, and solid knowledge of security and risk frameworks. Performs and manages site assessments, travel security, executive protection, emergency management, training evaluations and event coordination. Works closely and regularly communicates with Client and Securitas Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security or related degree, and/or attendance at Government sponsored security/law enforcement related schools, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Master’s and/or Advanced Degree preferred
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation or Physical Security Professional (PSP) designation desirable.
- Ten (10) years related security/military/law enforcement experience with five (5) years of direct management
- Professional experience in leading presentations and training to large groups is preferred. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned accounts.
- Proven international experience required
- Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Aptitude for and comfort with analytics and metrics
- Must be a good multi-tasker and calm under high pressure situations
- Safety and Security Risk assessment and mitigation strategy
- Incident/Crisis Management and Command
- Emergency Response Planning and Execution
- Physical Security and basic technical security integration
- Workplace safety/security
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Experience with crisis management, investigation skills, security technology (CCTV) expertise, life safety, risk management, guest service, access control system, payroll and scheduling.
- Ability to discern security threats based on information received from law enforcement agencies.
- Must be able to provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations.
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge & proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, etc.
Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
Directs or completes tasks associated with these areas of responsibilities:
- Serves as a key point of contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned accounts; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary communication and/or corrective action in a timely manner.
- Coordinates activity with and acts as liaison for Vice President of Global and National Accounts of respective vertical market to provide highest level of service for the clients; implements programs and initiatives as directed by Vice President of Global and National Accounts; reports to Vice President of Global and National Accounts of respective vertical market.
- Coordinates and performs Security Risk Reviews of client facilities using industry best practices and client specific assessment tools.
- Initiates, coordinates and assumes responsibility for benchmarking and the identification of cost saving practices throughout the assigned accounts.
- Identifies and utilizes networking opportunities with Securitas clients and other global/national account managers; Implements security industry “best practices”; Works with branch/site management to standardize processes, practices and service delivery for the accounts.
- Implements key performance measures, tracking tools, scorecards and reporting methods in cooperation with branch, site and client managers to enhance security team effectiveness and performance.
- Meets regularly with clients and Securitas management representatives for account reviews; addresses any actual or potential problems; assists in preparation of RFP responses; negotiation of client contracts; provides support during client start-ups and transitions; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; coordinates review and update of global and local post orders; ensures contract compliance throughout all the portfolios.
- Provides global management oversight for the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; provides performance feedback, coaches associates, and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities.
- Provides direct management of Regional Account Managers in other regions for the delivery of high quality service consistently in all client locations.
- Participates in client strategic budget preparation for guard services and security system deployments.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; ensures that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Within scope of contract and assigned duties, reviews appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; ensure invoices are correct, delivered and paid in a timely manner.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels, in collaboration with area management as necessary; ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Builds and facilitates teamwork and partnerships and the implementation of progressive change.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
- Assists clients in evaluation of global security needs and determines feasibility of delivery of requested or desired services; demonstrates understanding of and ability to operate in global business environment.
- Develops global service network for client locations and establishes strong relationships with Securitas and with alliance partners; Coordinates, monitors and evaluates global service delivery; develops global best practices; applies National Accounts model to global service delivery.
- Coordinates, monitors and evaluates global service delivery; develops global best practices; applies National Accounts model to global service delivery.
- Assists Vice President in global RFI and global RFP responses for assigned client as required, including the development of pricing models and strategies; coordinates pricing information from all regions.