KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interfacing with patients, their families, coworkers and all CCHHS employees. Sensitivity and respect in caring for patients of all ages and cultural backgrounds. Written and verbal communication skills necessary to perform effectively on the job. Analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail with the ability to work to deadlines. Flexibility and adaptability in performing work duties. Ability to transition from clinical to administrative duties. Strong emergency response skills including the ability to perform CPR. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. Demonstrated knowledge of HIPPA. Working knowledge of basic medical terminology.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list an Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable.
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference.
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS ORAPPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
MUST MEET REQUIREDQUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, pleaseclick on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
*Degrees awarded outside the United Stateswith the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territoriesand Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluationservice belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Pleasenote all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions:satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminalbackground checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successfulcompletion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
Employment& Professional References will be requested at the time of offer.
*CCHHSis strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS ANEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER