Job Number: 00120451
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 9:55:08 AM
Closing Date: Jun 20, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: AFSCME 1111 Health and Hospital SystemsAFSCME 1111 Health and Hospital Systems Posting Salary: $26.354 HOURLY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Assists with the performance, maintenance and accreditation activity of the Cancer Registry for Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS). Reviews patient records for case findings, abstracting and follow-up activities as required by the American College of Surgeons (ASoC) and Illinois State Cancer Registry (ISCR). Participates in medical staff committee meetings to provide specific and aggregate data for the medical staff to make cancer care plans. Performs a wide variety of other duties to support accreditation of the CCHHS Cancer Registry Program.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.(must provide proof at time of interview)
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) (must provide proof at time of interview)
- One (1) year of experience using hospital based computerized cancer registry software systems is required
- One (1) year of hospital registry experience with management and data entry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge of the standards set by the ACoSCoC, North American Associated Committee of Central Registries (NAACoCR) and ISCR
- Knowledge of operation and use of computer hardware, software and network systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
- Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills
- Ability to meet production/abstraction and current industry level standards
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
- Ability to maintain credentials as required by professional associations
- Ability to remain current on knowledge of cancer trends and developments in the field
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
- Strong Initiative and self-motivated
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and IMPAC-ELEKTA METRIQ
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER