NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Project Manager.
The mission of Real Estate Development and Facilities (RED+F) Department is to plan, develop, operate and maintain the campus of the NYU Langone Medical Center and provide the foundation for its growth and success in the 21st century. RED+F provides strategic campus planning and project development services, including architectural studies, programming, design, construction and associated infrastructure and technological upgrades, for new structures and renovations to existing structures on the NYU Langone Medical Center campus. The Department also operates and manages all facilities, infrastructure and related support services across the medical center. RED+F is composed of the Real Estate, Housing, Planning & Project Development, Facilities Operations & Management, Finance & Administration, Campus Security, Environmental Services, Environmental Health & Safety, Radiation Safety and Clinical Engineering divisions. Overall role and primary responsibilities. This position requires the person to assist Project Managers to develop project definition, scope and budgets, to perform field inspection of ongoing construction projects to insure that contractors are performing work in accordance with the contract documents and NYU construction standards and are on schedule, to coordinate schedules with NYU hospital and school functions to ensure accessibility to construction sites and to review construction documents for compliance with NYU construction standards and maintain cost control. Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Maintaining, developing and implementing project plan including definition, scope, budgets, schedules, incorporating input from appropriate team members, consultants and clients.
- Participating in cost control activities by seeking the most effective method of delivering services.
- Coordinating project meetings with NYU in-house personnel to schedule work, coordinate shutdowns, tie-ins and contractor access.
- Basic project management skills including design, construction, occupancy, and budget management. Works with project manager to assist in their client relations in the development of project work plan. Help to create presentations for project meetings. Assists project manager to review bids and related documents. Help Project Manager in the facilitation of client meetings regarding project matters.
- Analytical and quantitative skills. Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills and relationship building skill. Ability to comprehend complex business documents.
- Knowledgeable of financial terms and principles. Assist with preparation and maintenance of project budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS), preferably in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture.
- Entry to 3 years experience in project management.
- Experience in construction trades, experience in complex operations within a hospital and school environment, knowledge of infectious control procedures, experience in management of contractors and experience in interpreting construction drawings.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.