| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Fair Value Analyst candidate will play a lead role in collecting, reviewing and delivering support around valuation for external audit teams. Additionally she/he will assist with several operational tasks around developing analysis, maintaining team policy and procedures and assisting team analysts with basis sector/company research.
The ideal candidate has basic knowledge of financial statements, is detail oriented, has a strong sense of responsibility, is a self-starter, and works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Responsible for collecting, reviewing and delivering support around valuation for external audit teams
- Develop private equity fund reports reflecting select financial metrics from analyst models
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics for the team
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of documents around fair value policies and procedures
- Track and help resolve client inquiries timely, thoroughly, and accurately
- Stay abreast of SEC and regulatory fair value requirements
- Assist with several operational tasks around developing analysis and communicating it effectively downstream
- Assist with ad-hoc operational and analytical (valuation related) projects
- Assist team analysts with company/sector research:
- Reviewing various legal documents and company filings
- Track performance of comparable company sets
- Run trend analysis to ensure reliability of data
- Gathering news stories and pricing information from market data vendors
- 2-5 years of applicable industry experience including fair value analysis and/or company and security analysis
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to think and work independently and within a team environment are a must
- Exhibits a proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communications including presentation and facilitation skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements
- Basis knowledgeable of fixed income and equity instruments
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, self-directed, and think outside the box
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to improve and enhance processes
- BS in Finance/Accounting and/or demonstrated progress towards a CFA preferred
Fair Value Analyst
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .