| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join the Equity Portfolio Analysis Group within the Portfolio Implementation Group of Portfolio Services. In this role the individual will work with our global team of Portfolio Analysts in support of our Global Industry Research (GIR) and Global Equity Portfolio Management (GEPM) investment teams on trade implementation, cash management, account transitions, portfolio monitoring and additional portfolio implementation related services. This position would be located in Hong Kong.
- Work with the investment teams and traders to ensure timely and accurate implementation of investment strategies across client portfolios, including cash management and equitization
- Interface with groups across the firm, including Portfolio Services, Global Relationship Group (GRG), Equity Product Management, GIR, GEPM and Securities Law, on issues relating to new account setup, transitions, market openings, security set-up, product integrity and equity offerings
- Provide additional value added contributions to investment teams on a customized basis, such as risk analysis, syndicate recommendations, detailed portfolio data reporting and analysis, exposure tracking, and custom portfolio management
- Work with Investment Technology on the development of and enhancements to investment implementation and monitoring tools
The successful candidate for this position is likely to have:
- Strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and to contribute as part of a team
- Creativity and initiative to develop projects that can lead to better implementation of strategies and trades, and understanding of portfolio risk and positioning
- Solid understanding of global securities, including equities, bonds, currency, and derivatives
- Ability to communicate and strategize effectively with investment teams and other internal groups regarding portfolio issues
- A willingness and flexibility to work outside of normal business hours on occasion, including shifting work hours to help cover part of the Europe trading day and covering some HK holidays
- Familiarity with trading systems, and/or investment risk systems is a plus
- A minimum of six to eight years in the investment management business, with trading, portfolio analysis and/or investment operations/administration experience preferred. An advanced degree, CFA designation or progress towards CFA is a plus
Equity Portfolio Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .