NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Budget Manager.
The Budget Manager must collaborate with the Assistant Budget Director, Finance Management, VP of Finance, Corporate Services and Senior Medical Center Leadership to ensure that budget activity is meeting the Institution's goals, objectives and standards. In addition, the Budget Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Budget Analysts and assist Finance Management in special projects and ad hoc requests related to the budget. Provide support and training to departments on all budget-related matters and partner with leaders to collaboratively develop solutions to ensure continued financial health.
Duties and responsibilities of the Budget Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Personnel management and position control
- Operating revenue and expense budget development,
- Monitoring and control policies and procedures development and adherence
- Ensuring optimal customer relations
- Facilitating benchmarking and performance improvement initiatives
- Manage annual budgeting process and setup of budget tool.
- Review, analyze and process budget modifications for operating budgets, ensuring compliance with existing policy and maintaining clear audit trails of all changes.
- Maintain controls on all budget uploads to the General Ledger system.
- Manage combo edit process to support Accounting with entries and the monthly close process.
- Oversee the distribution of monthly budget performance reports to departments.
- Liaison with department administrators for all budget needs.
- Actively support the preparation of all programs, schedules and support documentation for the annual operating budget.
- Prepare all necessary reports and schedules for budget review, meetings and presentations.
- Review and maintain controls over financial Security.
- Analyze all FTE reporting, including monthly budget vs. actual and bi-weekly FTE per AOB reports.
- Review and implement additions and changes to Authorization workflows and financial hierarchies as necessary.
- Incorporate new technologies, systems and processes to improve the daily operation of the department.
- Assist the Assistant Director with special projects as needed.
- Review work associated with analysis of department budget submissions, changes in operations and other relevant factors and make decisions regarding budget request. Assists with the review of operating budgets, analysis for changes, and understands the justification for changes.
- Assists with the Long Range Financial Plan and preparation of the cash flow and helps drive the development of a macro budget consistent with the strategic goals of the Medical Center.
- Assists the Assistant Director in supervising and training the Financial Analysts.
- Effectively manage the staff members to ensure and promote productivity, education and overall involvement.
- Advise Assistant Director on general budget performance, alerting of special circumstances and concerns.
- Assists with the compilation of routine and ad hoc reports as needed and prepares special management reports for senior leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, public or health administration.
- 5 years of work experience in accounting, budgets, healthcare or academic environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Supervisory experience is necessary.
- Must possess excellent leadership, oral /written communication, analytical, problem solving skills, organization skills, and time management skills.
- Master's degree in Healthcare, accounting, or finance background is preferred.
- Prior management training is preferred.
- Supervisory Experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.