- Clinical experience working as a Genetics Counselor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to communicate with a diverse patient population, administrators and all levels of personnel within a highly complex health care system.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work collaboratively with all levels of health care staff and practitioners.
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Demonstrate infection control practices.
- Demonstrate ability to follow department specific engineering, work practice controls and work area safety precautions.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision in decision making.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to adhere to system, hospital, and department policies and standards.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize projects and tasks while meeting deadlines.
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
· Basic Term Life Insurance
· Pension Plan
· Deferred Compensation Program
· Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
· You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
· Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure /certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment orhiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
***Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.***
CCHHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER