- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- A health care clinical licensed professional (e.g. RegisteredNurse, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Dietician, LicensedSocial Worker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, etc.) is required.
- Two (2) years of healthcareexperience in the field of Quality and Patient Safety is required.
- Two (2) years ofsupervisory or managerial experience isrequired.
- Intermediateproficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Masters'degree in Business or a health care related field is preferred.
- Certificationin healthcare quality and/or patient safety is preferred.
- Projectmanagement experience is preferred.
- Workingknowledge of Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS),Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), National Quality Forum (NQF),and Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean concepts is preferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OFAPPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and OtherCharacteristics
- Must always demonstrate respect andcollaboration in team activities and be able to demonstrate a record of suchachievement
- Must have excellent communication skillsand the ability to clearly communicate verbally, in person, and in writing withthe health care team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, planand organize projects and tasks while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate analytical andorganizational problem solving, critical thinking, and conflictmanagement/resolution
- Ability to manage critical situationsand carry out responsibilities in a professional manner at all times.
When applyingfor employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preferenceis given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forcesof the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11). Discharge papers must list andHonorable Discharge Status. Dischargepapers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are notattached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDEORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'SLICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and VisionCoverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and DeferredCompensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, andSick Time
- You may also qualifyfor the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degreesawarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in oneof the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by anapproved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the NationalAssociation of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association ofInternational Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please noteall offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions:satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminalbackground checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successfulcompletion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOKCOUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER