| Some careers have more impact than others. |
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices. It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead.
- Manage and oversee the Cyber Threat Intelligence functions and operations, taking ultimate responsibility for ensuring the mission to deliver intelligence led cyber defense services across the organization.
- Ensure the effective management of high emerging threats, providing timely and effective communications to stakeholders.
- Manage both internal as well as external relationships to establish and maintain an intelligence pipeline that provides a comprehensive picture of the global cyber threat landscape.
- Oversee external intelligence sources to develop in house expertise on the aims, motivations, tools and techniques associated with current and future cyber attacks, trends, and threat adversaries.
- Lead the Cyber Threat Intelligence projects that seek to provide and enhance our capabilities and engagement with key stakeholders across the bank and external partners.
- Serve as senior all source cyber threat intelligence point of contact and keep abreast of the emerging threats posing risk to the bank, its staff and its customers.
- Take a significant role in the training and development of other members of the Cyber Threat Intelligence team as well as other members of the Global Security Operations function.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
- Proven experience in conducting threat intelligence, or equivalent experience in other security operations roles such as threat management, threat modeling, incident response, monitoring and detection, malware analysis, or digital forensics with prior experience leading high functioning teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security or related fields.
- Security industry certifications such as CEH, CHFI, Security, Network, Linux, GWAPT, LPT, or similar.
- Relevant product knowledge including Resilient, Threat Intelligence Platform, analysts software tools, Wireshark, Malwr, Shodan is desirable
- Experience with cyber, incident response and digital forensics, security engineering, security operations, computer network operations, information operations, information warfare, or topical cyber.
- Demonstrated expertise in intelligence analytics and investigations including the Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model of Intrusion Analysis, or other relevant network defense and intelligence frameworks.
- Understanding of security operations, network monitoring and network exploitation techniques, forensics and intrusion detection.
- Well versed in multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Web Proxies amongst others
- Direct experience with intelligence analysis, preferably via the Intelligence Community, Military Intelligence, or a Fortune 500 company.
- Expert in writing high quality intelligence assessments and briefings for executive level audience.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to converse in foreign language such as Russian, Mandarin, Korean, Farsi or Persian, Arabic Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own as well as others compliance with relevant regulatory processes.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.