· Active License as a Psychologist in the State of Illinois.
· Board Certified as a Clinical Psychologist by the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology (ABCN) or American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN). All neuropsychologists that become board certified on or after January 1, 2015 must work toward maintenance of certification (MOC) by engaging in continued education and professional activities, and must complete a self-evaluation once every ten years.
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience practicing neuropsychology or clinical neuropsychology in medical setting(s).
· Experience providing neuropsychology treatment in inpatient, outpatient, and emergency neuropsychological consultations to medically ill patients.
· Experience with an urban population with significant substance abuse comorbidities
· Bilingual in English and Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
· Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of neuropsychology.
· Knowledge and understanding of illnesses, injuries, and diseases of the brain and nervous system and the effect on individuals.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) to ensure the protection of the confidentiality and security of healthcare information for all patients.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups.
· Strong customer service and empathy skills.
· Skill in the teaching, training and supervision of psychology trainees in psychiatric assessment, psychotherapeutic methods and psychological testing.
· Good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times.
· Good personal computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Demonstrated analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills.
· Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment.
· Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged.
· Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team.
· Ability to train by presenting concepts and demonstrating tasks.
· Ability to see and hear clearly (including with correction).
· Ability to tolerate exposure to unpleasant noise, odor and temperature.
· Ability to prepare and maintain clear, concise and accurate patient records and reports and to maintain the confidentiality of this information at all times.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and precision.
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
· Basic Term Life Insurance
· Pension Plan
· Deferred Compensation Program
· Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
· Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER