| Some careers have more impact than others. |
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices. It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior IT Security Analyst.
- Contribute to the delivery of Information Security standards, controls, processes, and technologies adhering to the Group Information Security Risk policies and regulatory requirements
- Engages effectively across a range of audiences, customers and or stakeholders at all levels
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour.
- Implement security services according to global technical standards, Architecture and Risk based Project Management Process.
- Contribute to management of security operations, Information Technology Security incidents and third party security
- Provide first line supervision to direct report staff and share best practice learning with wider team and seek continuous improvement opportunities
- Monitoring and managing ticket and call queues, workload and priority levels
- Prioritise and align shift resources to insure that the most urgent and important issues first
- Develop and maintain personnel training plans
- Ensure that published company, processes and procedures are adhered to by staff
- Interact with staff to insure continual process improvement and world class customer service is provided
- Coordinate with and assist Engineering in the support of related infrastructure
- Other collateral tasks as assigned by management
- Excellent people management skills
- Good technical and trouble shooting ability
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to interact with staff, peers and customers on a technical and professional level.
- A thorough understanding of customer service related performance metrics
- Experience in crisis management
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.