SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST 00120238
: Mar 13, 2017, 4:39:54 PM : Apr 11, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M. Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
: Health and Hospital Systems
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Stroger Hospital
Under thesupervision of the Manager of Procurement, prepares, interprets and managespurchases for a broad variety of Cook County Health and Hospital Systems (CCHHS)requirements including clinical items, medical/surgical products, laboratoryproducts, radiology products and non-medical goods and purchases. Evaluatespotential sources of merchandise/services, conducts price analyses, placesorders according to best options available within procedural guidelines andinstitutional time frames, and resolves problems between external customers(vendors) and internal customers. Responsible for identifying appropriatemethodologies for contracts including Group Purchasing Organization (GPO's), Requestsfor Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quote (RFQ's), Requests for Information(RFI's), and any other best practice procurement methodology for supplypurchases. Prepares price/cost analyses for supply contracts, tracks andmonitors contract changes, deliverables and performance of vendors. Negotiatessupply contract terms and conditions and identifies potential liabilities orunfavorable terms and recommends resolutions. Ensures that all contracts are inadherence with applicable federal, state and local mandates and that allanalyses and reporting follow established Procurement Business Processes andBest Practice Methodology.
- Interactswith vendors to procure products, negotiates contract terms and conditions forsupply purchases which include an expert understanding of GPO contracts, whileensuring language is specific to CCHHS, Joint Commission requirements, CookCounty Ordinances and applicable federal guidelines (i.e. Sarbanes Oxley andSafe Harbors Act).
- Assessescustomers' needs, create, recommend, and utilize agreements/contracts bestsuited for Customers Procurement Needs.
- Providesskilled assistance in the acquisition of goods, or services to assigned customerdepartments.
- Demonstratesclinical and technical procurement knowledge of all commodities/servicespertinent to assigned service lines.
- Ensuresthat cost-effective and timely acquisitions, contracts, or other necessaryprocesses are utilized.
- Servesas the subject matter expert for assigned service areas.
- Ensuresthat team delivers excellent customer service for all Procurement Services'customers, while ensuring needed service/goods are procured timely at the bestvalue.
- Establishesand/or maintain a procurement specialist/vendor relationship with all salesrepresentatives.
- Participatesas requested on Value Analysis Team and/or sub teams.
- Effectivelyutilizes the capabilities of the Supply Chain Management System to implementand control items purchased.
- ResearchesGPO's contracts and applicability within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)item master for contractible items.
- Reviewsall mail, catalogues, price lists, and similar information in order to keepabreast of changing prices and developing trends.
- Accountablefor generating targeted cost reductions and certifications by accounting.
- Actsas a central point of contact for related issues and follow-up and document allissues referred.
- Accountablefor generating targeted cost reductions.
- Reviews,modifies and approves specifications and determine key performance indicators(KPIs) with customer input.
- Ensuresvolume rebates are met by the vendor, compliance with contract terms, andinitiates actions to terminate the contract if conditions or vendor performanceare not met.
- Ensuresthat the standards set by The Joint Commission of Contracted Services, sectionLD.4.03.09, and LD.3.50 are consistently met when contracting for goods orservices.
- Conductsmarket analysis to identify opportunities for improved pricing throughout CCHHSand where applicable, present those opportunities to the Director ofProcurement and/or Senior Leaders within CCHHS.
- Performsother duties as required.
- Reports to the Manager of Procurement.
- Bachelor's degree is required. (Must provideofficial transcripts at time of interview).
- Three(3) years of experiencein procurement, contract & proposal negotiation and development is required.
- Prior experience in healthcarenegotiating a wide range of contract for services, goods, medical equipment,etc. is required.
- Prior experience in cost reduction andstandardization of products while identifying potential contract liability andrenegotiating unfavorable terms isrequired.
- Master'sdegree in business or related concentration, Juris Doctor or Paralegal is preferred.
- Atleast five (5) years prior experience in procurement, contract & proposalnegotiation and development ispreferred.
- Knowledgeof Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Lawson, PeopleSoft,McKesson/HMOC, or similar ERP systems ispreferred.
MUST MEET ALLREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills,Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Good knowledge of the principles ofmodern procurement principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge (intermediate) ofMicrosoft Office products.
- Strong written and verbalcommunication skills to be able to communicate with peers, customers and seniormanagement while facilitating RFP and Contract Process.
- Good interpersonal and negotiatingskills.
- Analytical skills, problem solvingskills and critical thinking skills to be able to comprehend and interpretcomplex contract conditions and identify potential liabilities and areas forimprovement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to maintain flexibility toperform whatever task is required.
- Abilityto generate innovative ideas, approaches and solutions by providing open,accurate and consistent information, while demonstrating support and commitmentto others.
- Abilityto establishand maintain excellent interdepartmental and intradepartmental relationshipswhile offering assistance and keeping the lines of communication open.
- Ability to deliver excellent customerservice for all Procurement Services' customers, while ensuring neededservice/goods are procured timely at the best value.
- Ability to anticipate customer needsand take action by providing regular and appropriate feedback.
- Ability to establish standards andassist in the monitoring of the accomplishments of the prescribed goals andtargets.
- Ability to develop consistentstructured work plans including meeting agendas and expected outcomes.
- Ability to document and distribute allsignificant discussions and decisions.
- Ability to analyze data, simulate alternatives,recommend action and deliver quality products and services.
When applyingfor employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preferenceis given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forcesof the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11). Discharge papers must list andHonorable Discharge Status. Dischargepapers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are notattached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDEORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'SLICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degreesawarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in oneof the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by anapproved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the NationalAssociation of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association ofInternational Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please noteall offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions:satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminalbackground checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successfulcompletion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOKCOUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER