- Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Must possess a Bachelors of Science or higher level degree. (Must provide official transcript at time of interview)
- Minimum of four(4) years of nursing experience is required.
- Current CPR card is required. (Must provide at time of interview)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
- Three (3) years of management experience preferred, including budget preparation and maintenance and leadership techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with staff, patients, hospital staff, patient families.
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to articulate in a clear and professional manner when presenting and demonstrating techniques.
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged.
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team for long periods of time.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision.
- This position requires various types of physical exertion with the use of hands, legs, and fingers including but not limited to lifting, pushing, pulling, prolonged standing/walking, operating wound equipment and other devised or moving light to moderate weight.
- This position has direct contact with patient and is exposed to various pathogens present in a patient care environment.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
· Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- · Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- · Basic Term Life Insurance
- · Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- · Employee Assistance Program
- · Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER