| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced individual to join our Investment Services Group in London as a Team Lead for Trade Operations. The Trade Operations team is responsible for several functions, including trade settlements, private placement operations, maintenance of client account data, and managing the operational relationships with the firm's broker-dealers. This individual will work in a fast-paced, fluid environment, where the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks will be highly valued. He/she will be directly responsible for the completion of specific tasks, as well as for ensuring the completion of the overall workload assigned to the Investment Services Group in London.
The Investment Services Team Lead will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the accuracy of executions/allocations for all security, foreign exchange and derivative transactions, and for researching and resolving discrepancies by interacting with brokers, banks, and Wellington personnel;
* Instructing trades and trade amendments to service providers when necessary;
* Coordinating the processing and allocation of international IPO's, secondary offerings, and private placements;
* Assisting other areas of the firm with general custody and trading enquiries;
* Overseeing external service providers (i.e. brokers, banks and vendors);
* Assisting with the management and hiring local team members;
* Mitigating risk through ensuring strong procedural discipline and prudent judgement;
* Researching and evaluating the trading/operational requirements of new market/asset types being considered for investment, or changes to existing markets;
* Working closely with other Wellington departments to support client needs;
* Arranging/providing coverage for team members as needed;
* Acting as the point of escalation for Investment Services staff in the region, as well as internal/external parties;
* Obtaining, compiling and disseminating pertinent market information, with a focus on the APAC markets.
The Investment Services Team Lead must be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure, possess a high degree of analytical ability, and have the ability to plan/prioritize tasks in a fluid environment. Team orientation, and the ability to work in concert with external service providers and colleagues located around the world are essential. Knowledge of equities, FX and fixed income is preferred. In addition, the successful candidate is likely to:
* Have a strong academic background. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree, or relevant professional qualification (or progress towards one) would be viewed favourably;
* Have 10+ years of relevant Trade Operations (or related) professional experience, gained either on the Buy side, the Sell side or at a Custodian;
* Demonstrate personal qualities and values that are consistent with, and would be additive to, Wellington Management's culture as described in our culture statement;
* Have strong analytical skills, and an ability to apply those skills in a highly practical fashion;
* Be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure, while experiencing short-term interruptions;
* Possess strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, with an emphasis on accuracy, concision, timeliness, and clarity;
* Demonstrate expertise in business applications such as Omgeo platforms, FIX, Markitwire, Bloomberg, Calypso, MarketAxess, TradeWeb and SWIFT;
* Have the desire to continuously mitigate risk, improve workflow and streamline processes;
* Have impeccable integrity, a fiduciary mindset, and the ability to consistently place the interests of our clients as the number one factor in judgment, decision-making and actions.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Investment Services Lead, Trade Operations
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .