To be considered for this position, please visit our web site at http://www.utsystem.edu/careers click on Full Time Opportunities. Then click on "Search and Apply Here" and reference job number 3202. Applications are accepted through our online application system only.
Earliest Start Date
Salary commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
40.00 Standard from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Office of Information Security
Purpose of Position
| || |
To direct and evolve the information security program for UT System Administration, which includes high risk information assets managed by UT System Administration on behalf of UT institutions.
- Evolves the IT security program by developing strategies, evaluating technologies, approving and prioritizing security projects, and establishing standards..
- Manages relationships with multiple IT departments, major system and data owners, the Privacy Officer, and the Office of General Counsel. Negotiates changes to system architectures, processes, etc to improve their security posture.
- Supervises and directs frontline security analysts, contractors, and vendors to perform tasks such as vulnerability scans, penetration tests, and security incident response.
- Identifies and responds to security incidents; works closely with UT, local and federal law enforcement agencies as required; files monthly incident reports to state.
- In cooperation with the Information Security Communications & Training Coordinator, develops security awareness programs for System Administration staff. , Develops security bulletins, security policies, guidelines and procedures; meets with department heads and IT staff as required to implement and monitor; ensures that policies and controls are adequate to meet regulatory requirements, such as HIPAAEvaluates and grants exceptions to policies and standards.
- Advises and reports on security to senior management, state agencies, compliance, and audit as required. Responds to compliance and audit issues, performs risk assessments, writes management response to audits; and oversees implementation of audit findings. Compiles an Annual Security Report about UT System Administration for the Chancellor; compiles the Agency Security Plan required by the Texas Department of Information Resources.
- Reviews advisories and bulletins, researches new security threats, and attends technical training and security conferences. Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Monitors the effectiveness of defined controls for mission critical information.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of Texas System Administration is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Reasonable disability accommodation may be requested by contacting the Office of Employee Services.