Independent, fixed income investment firm in San Diego, CA seeks a self-motivated Fixed Income Securities Analyst. The analyst will be part of a team responsible for making investment recommendations to the Investment Strategy Group and for monitoring material developments among existing holdings.
· Conduct fundamental analysis on investment-grade, high-yield and EM issuers.
· Analyst will be a fixed income generalist and must be able to successfully cover a wide variety of issuers.
· Incorporate material Environmental, Social and Governance risks into fundamental analysis.
· Incorporate macro-economic and market technicals into investment recommendation.
· Make investment recommendations that reflect relative value, liquidity and portfolio constraints.
· BA/BS degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Math or Economics.
· CFA or MBA required.
· Three years of experience as a fixed income analyst required.
· Ability to work in a collegial atmosphere as part of a close-knit team.
· Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate investment opinions.
· Detail oriented and ability to collaborate in a team environment, ability to work in a collegial atmosphere as part of a close-knit team.
· Intelligent, dynamic and intellectually curious.
· Must be proficient with Excel and preferably Bloomberg API.
· Experience with Environmental, Social and Governance risks a plus, but not required.
· A competitive base salary (based on experience) and a formula-driven bonus structure.
The firm is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status or disability.