Principal Operations Research Analyst - Program Manager
May 29, 2018
130,000 - 140,000
Full Time - Experienced
Analyst Program Manager
Education. Masters of Science in Operations Research or related quantitative, math-based degree including a quantitative-heavy MBA with applied focus to USMC logistics problems and improvement initiatives.
Experience. 15 or more years of experience within the USMC Logistics Community with some of this experience operational, spent at HQMC, and in applying quantitative methods in performing analysis, studies, technical oversight of studies, and experience in identifying how analytic results translate into into information requirements.
Required experience includes:
- Participating in and leading groups across a wide range of functional areas to achieve outcomes that meet pre-defined objectives.
- Working in HQMC I&L (LX, LPV, LPO), PP&O and interacting with action officers and/or analysts within MARCORLOGCOM, CD&I (e.g. OAD, LID), and P&R.
- Working within HQMC LPV and understanding of LPV advocacy role in NexLog and USMC Enterprise Logistics System Portfolio Management Using and developing USMC logistics planning factors to calculate requirements across the classes of supply.
Skills. Demonstrated skills to develop or review and document models, simulations, and information systems as part of design, verification, validation, and feedback into USMC business, operational, and systems processes. Skilled communicator with the ability to create, prepare, coordinate and delivery in person, over the phone or over a virtual teleconference.
Abilities. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independently develop a plan of action and milestones (POAM), strategy documents, and develop policy documentation to support an integrated USMC-wide program.
- Develop presentations including creation and critical reviews with minimal oversight and providing feedback that is useful for LPO considering mid-level leadership, senior leadership and decision maker perspectives
- Lead working groups of multi-functional participants including developing objectives, developing working products from working group meetings, and integrating outcomes into program activities that touch multiple facets including: inputs into systems, inputs into decision making presentations, and coordination across multiple USMC organizations (including follow-ups with HQMC Organizations, MEFs, MARCORLOGCOM, DLA, and MARCORSYSCOM).
- Knowledge of USMC logistics enterprise data with the ability to manipulate and analyze data to support calculations, develop independent insights into what outcomes imply, and integrate the results of analysis into presentations, inputs into USMC-led War Reserve Working Groups, and into systems documentation.
- Develop systems inter-relationship connections between organizations, processes, information, and data.
- Understanding of data collection, use, data systems and ability to review and identify DIPRDON and DADMS requirements as part of data system registration.
- Understanding and ability to perform analysis to evaluate and recommend improvements to USMC logistics planning factors.
- Understanding and demonstrated effective use of the USMC and HQMC I&L internal tasking and feedback process across multiple organizations.
Requirements. This is a virtual position requiring location in Northern Virginia with expected 25% of travel and eligibility for an immediate SECRET level security clearance upon first day of employment.
Expected first date of employment June 15, 2018.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: CAN003
About CANA Advisors
CANA Advisors is a veteran-owned and woman-owned small business headquartered in Northern Virginia with extensive Federal government and commercial experience providing intimate logistics and analytics service offerings to our clients, specifically to:
- Improve organizational operations management, planning, and use of data to make decisions
- Establish cost savings and significant investment returns with a focus on improving performance, readiness and capabilities
- Craft analytics/OR-based decision support planning solutions in logistics, maintenance and supply chain operations
- Apply statistical, simulation and optimization-based tools and analysis to support improvements to systems operations
- Provide product placement through strategic partnerships
- Provide operations research and studies analysis for concept development and employment to support course of action analysis and decision making
- Enhance organizational data quality, processes and planning through analytics assessments and action plan execution.