Posting Number 2017-3121 Location US-NY-New York Posted Date 6/29/2017 Union N/A School/Division NYU IT (WS1170) Department Name : IT Security FT/PT Full-Time
Develop and implement technical network security tools to identify and resolve security problems/issues and breaches related to all devices connected to NYU-Net; advise University network and system administrators and staff regarding security issues and trends; perform risk analysis and risk assessment for projects and services to be supported by NYU-Net; recommend custom development and/or purchase of security products to identify, isolate, and resolve potential security issues to enhance system performance and reliability.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Education: N/A
Required Experience: 4-5 years' relevant professional level experience with development and implementation of new security systems, security programs, protocols, and maintenance of existing systems or an equivilant combination of education and experience.
• Strong Network security experience with firewall experience, to include Palo Alto firewalls
• 2+ years hands-on experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, 802.11x, Cisco, switches and firewalls, Juniper wireless technologies • Strong experience in Cisco Routing and Switching including knowledge of Multicast, QoS, IOS Security, and IPv6
• Expertise in server and network administration for LAN/WAN, UNIX/Linux, Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Network Policy Server
• Incident Management – Ensures Information Security incidents are properly detected, documented, investigated, and resolved
• Security Analytics - Designs and maintains security data flow from network endpoints through aggregation, retention, parsing, SIEM correlation and mining
Preferred Experience: Knowledge of Kerberos and Radius (authentication software). Previous experience working within a large heterogeneous network environment at a University or large research institution.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Excellent project management, planning, and analytical skills. Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of data communications, network experience of UNIX-based operating systems/tools, standard programming and scripting languages (C, C++, Perl), TCP/IP based networking, and UNIX and MAC based software. Knowledge of a variety of current and emerging technologies.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.